a girl's best friend. . .

a girl's best friend. . .

When do you dine out?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ranch Spaghetti

My apologies for not 'cooking' last week. We went out of town to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. I don't think I even cooked at all. If I could tell you about the food that we ate while in Savannah, GA, you'd fall out much like I almost did. I was supposed to be surprised by going to Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant, but the locals advised us against it. I do recommend to anyone planning a visit to Savannah, to travel to the Riverwalk and dine at The Shrimp Dock. Seafood dinner + Mimosa = heaven!


Today's recipe is from my own mental recipe. My husband absolutely loves it. You won't need any measuring tools, just a small pot, a pan, collander, a chopping knife and....


Ground meat, 1 zucchini, ranch powder packet, 3 cloves of garlic, basil leaves, italian seasonings, black pepper, parsley, oil (coconut or olive) and diced tomatoes.

First I diced the garlic and zucchini and sauteed them in the pan with a spoonful of coconut oil and sparse seasonings on the bottom of the pan.

After the zucchini became more transparent, I put it(and the garlic and oil) in a bowl and added in the raw ground chicken. I sprinkled the ranch powder over it and stirred the meat as it cooked.

I chopped/diced an onion as the meat cooked. Then I added it to the meat, along with the garlic, zucchini, and diced tomato.


I stirred the mixture, added a bit of white wine and some spaghetti sauce and allowed it to come to a simmer. While doing this, I added spaghetti noodles to boiling water.

After the pasta was done, I poured it into a collander and rinsed it. Then I bowled and served it.


***NOTE***
put foods with a red sauce in a ceramic or glazed dish. If you must put it in a plastic bowl, spray with a non-stick cooking spray to avoid staining.

No comments:

Post a Comment